-----

How Much Hex Chromium is Produced in an HHO Generator

With the quickly rising fuel costs, more and more individuals are building hydrogen/oxygen generators and mounting them to their vehicles claiming higher MPG. I too would like to build a unit. Most are using 304 stainless as the + and - plates which are submersed in solutions that range from salt water to drinkable mineral water. My concern is how dangerous is building a unit if this hex chromium is produced in the solutions?

John Cartelli
hobbyist - Belchertown, Massachusetts

HHO Drycell

Affil. Link
Your purchases make finishing.com possible

Hi John.

I don't give those HHO generators any credence myself, and I think you should check with someone like AAA or Consumer Reports before spending any money on this quest. Note that I am not saying it is impossible for them to have some marginal effect, just that I personally don't think they do.

I have never heard of this sort of operation generating hexavalent chromium and I doubt that it does, put I think a platinized titanium anode for the "+" plate will work better and longer than stainless steel because it does not dissolve. Good luck.