Where to get Stalagmometers

(2000)

Q. Where to buy a "STALAGMOMETER" for plating bath additive/wetter determination? Also, where to get those different size rings for old Barret SNAP additive determination? (Hey- Don't call me an old-timer!) Thanks, Dave

Dave Kinghorn
Dave Kinghorn
Chemical Engineer
SUNNYvale, California

outdated

(2000)

A. Stags-I used to buy them from JPS in Cincinnati, OH. Kocour used to sell them also. Rings-I made my own from 316 SS weld wire, tig welded and polished. Calibrated them in the lab using a Stag. Had a set from 1" to 5".

Also remember using a ring after converting to SNAP-A/M. Ever see nickel plate look like corn flakes on a part. The extreme gross excess of A/M made the plate off the scale on a contractometer test. For the newer folks, the moral is the anti foamer in A/M prevents you from using the ring test.

(2000)

A. The Kocour Co. Inc. in Chicago, Il. has what you need in stalagmometers.

Fred Mueller, CEF
- Royersford, Pennsylvania

(2000)

Q. I have been looking for a Stalagmometer for years and I have not been able to get another one. Chicago is not very convenient for us, but if anybody out there knows where to get one in Europe I would be most grateful.

Trudy

Trudy Hattingh
- Durban, South Africa

(2000)

A. Lurex out of Vineland, NJ sells stalagmometers. Good Luck.

Dave Bernardini
- Horseheads, New York

A. Just bought a house and contents. Found box with 10 stalagmometers bought from Lurex in Vineland NJ. Have receipt that states this. I don't know anything about these other than they have 2 bubbles and were purchased in 1988. Would love to sell if anyone is interested.

tim smith <timmyjuls@comcast.net>
- bridgeton New Jersey usa