Need to find Hawes Lemon Oil

(-----)

A. If you are patient, someone in your city will sell a bottle with marketplace with content inside. I managed to obtain 2 liters from different bottles filtered. Then, like you are making coffee, wash the insides with acetone then soap and water, clear coat the label and clean the cap. With a brass machine find a leak proof material from another cap. And voala and you may find oil that was made between 1885 And 1940.
I used many for mostly guitars.

Hector tamm
- Toronto, ontario canada
^

Closely related historical posts, oldest first ...

Q. Need to find Hawes Lemon Oil To clean my furniture.

Bernice Girard
Home Maker - Windsor, Ontario, Canada
^

Q. I am also trying to find where to get a supply of Hawes lemon oil for wood treatment. I have a collection of antique wood clocks that desperately need oiling and the best product I have used in the past is Hawes. If anyone knows where to find this product, either in Canada or the U.S. please let me know. Much appreciated, Darrell.

Darrell Doige
- Lasalle, Quebec, Canada
^

Q. I need Hawes Lemon Oil to polish my fine furniture.

Eleanor Smith
housewife - Windsor, Ontario, Canada
^

"Old English" Lemon Oil 3-pack

Affiliate Link
(your purchases make finishing.com possible)

A. Hi, folks. I think you'll discover that "Hawes" doesn't exist anymore, that it's become "Old English" lemon oil, at least in the USA.

^

A. Re Hawes Oil and Hawes Scratch Cover. These Products were distributed through Boyle - Midway, On a search I did, I found the cleaning product line shut down in mid 1987. I hope this answers your question, it was a great product. I am finally throwing out my last bottle at time of this posting.

Thank You

Aaron

Aaron Walcot
- Scarborough, Ontario - Canada
^

Q. Where can I find the lemon oil in New Brunswick ?

frances cyr
- New Brunswick Canada
^

A. I lived in Toronto and used Hawes furniture polish since the 1980s, but moved to Texas. I couldn't find it in the U.S., so had a Canadian friend send it to me. In the 1990s, he told it wasn't available anymore and that Old English was the replacement. You can get that in Canada and the U-S, but I'm not sure if it's the same, under a different name.

C Reynolds
- DALLAS, Texas, USA
^

A. If you are looking for Lemon Oil furniture polish, "Old English Lemon Oil" [affil. link to info/product on Amazon] is your solution. The product is available both in Canada and the USA.

Bob Aubertin
- Montreal, QC, Canada
^

A. Well I just bought Hawes Lemon Oil at Home Depot in Canada. The scratch cover for dark woods by the same company is not available in Canada or at least I cannot find it. It is available at Walmart in the US.

Isabel Howell
- Cambridge, Ontario, Canada
^

thumbs up sign  Thanks Isabel.
"Old English" brand name is owned by Reckitt Benckiser; I don't know who owns the Hawes trade name. I think C Reynolds from Dallas made an important implication: "meatball whoring", selling/licensing rights to well-known trade name "meatballs" (logos) is such a commonplace that there's probably not much reason to believe that another brand isn't just as good as an old brand you remember; it might even be closer in formulation to the original.

^