-----

Nickel electroless of foundry patterns

2000

I want to coat foundry epoxy patterns with Ni-P-SiC, Or by Ni-p-PTFE. I don't have any problem with Ni-P, but I have some with two others. I am looking for some article or any other source and advice for this.Please help me in finding some information. Kind regards

Ahad yosefnezhad
Sahand Univ. of Technology - Tabriz,east azerbayjan,Iran

2000

The electroless nickel with Teflon can be done fairly easily from proprietary baths. You just need to buy or license the solution.

I might be wrong, but I think the plating with electroless nickel and silicon carbide is substantially more difficult, because I believe the particles must be held in suspension (a slurry) with thixotropic agents and/or a specially designed air agitation system which makes a sort of a fluidized bed out of the solution.

Surface Technology [Trenton, NJ] has been a leader in composite nickel and electroless nickel plating for decades, and may be worth contacting.

2006

how can I get this compound?
compound formula is [deleted by editor]
what is the name of this compound
this compound is probably used to make Ni-P-PTFE solution.

Ms. Shuvra Majumder
- OSAKA, japan

Ed. note: Please tell us where you got this chemical name before we publish it, Ms. Shuvra. If you read of it in a published technical article, we may be able to learn more by reading the article in question. If someone just saw that name on a drum of chemical during a plant visit, a reader could be abetting the theft of trade secrets by helping you :-(