-----

Limiting gas formation in sulfate-based acid Zn plating

2000

I am responsible for continuous strip electrogalvanizing line ( a horizontal, consumable anode one ), I have problem about gas formation at the bottom of strip and surface marks because of gas formation. I need a help for controlling the gas formation and/or avoid from the surface marks. My bath was composed of zinc sulfate, ammonium sulfate and ammonium chloride.

Does Bath composition effect on this or not ?

Does pH level effect on this or not ?

Does Temperature effect on this or not ?

Is there Any other chemic. additives for controlling the gas formation in the market ?

Thank you for whom make any suggestion.

Hamdi Ercelik
- Istanbul, Turkey

2000

How much of each component did you add to your tank, and what is your present analysis, including pH?

tom pullizzi monitor   tom pullizi signature