What to do with small anodes

(-----) February 13, 2008

I have recently took on a Quality Assurance Manager role in my company. We have a watt's nickel bath system and plate aircraft parts. I have a tremendous amount of small anodes that I am not able to use does anyone have a solution for this? I was thinking I can melt them down again and mold them back to their original size? Jen, USA

Jen Tellone
QA Manager - South Windsor, Connecticut, USA
^

I believe that you will be able to put these anode pieces in a bagged titanium anode basket and use them, Jen. If I have misunderstood, I would suggest sending them back to the anode manufacturer rather than melting them; I would doubt that you have proper facilities. Nickel in any form is so costly these days that the scrap will, pound for pound, comprise a good portion of the cost of new anodes. Good luck.

^