What finishes are available?

(-----) February 10, 2008

Hi, I came across this forum through google and I must say its good read :) anyway this what I know and others can correct me and add on by all means! most chroming I've seen over the years in Nz and Oz is crap, I've since read triple plating chroming is the way to go? then I saw a USA website that does 5plate chrome, so it gets better, I'm want to know is there such a thing as black chrome for the sliders on motorcycle forks? but also the bottom of the forks the alloy part where the calipers bolt on etc to be plated. I have a friend who had his sliders done in DLC (diamond like carbon) in the Uk, but I have a feeling mega expensive? also what different hard finishes (good resistance to scratches) are avalilable for the upper forks that clamp into the triple clamps, (usd forks) what should I be asking when I take my sliders to get the (rust) pits fixed then rechromed so I know its done properly.
Thanks for all your help! keep on biken.

Angus Bain
- Sydney, Nsw, Australia
^

We have a Chrome Plating Tutorial on line, Angus, that will explain the triple chroming and 5 layers and so on. Black chrome is a bit more expensive that regular chrome, but is doable. Yes, DLC is quite expensive but I can't personally give you any numbers.

^