All defect existent in plastic chrome process

(-----) January 31, 2008

I'm university student which doing my industrial tranning in automotive company that also use chroming process for certain products.my task is to identified all defect in chrome plastics process such as bubble,pin hole and etc.I wish to know all type of defects exist with it root cause and action to overcome.plizz anybody to help me.thanks!

SITI SUHAILA HASMUNI
STUDENT - KLANG, SELANGOR, MALAYSIA
^

I think a very good start toward this could be made between The Canning Handbook and Standards and Guidelines for Electroplated Plastic. But remember that it can take months if not years of experience to judge the difference between some defects, let alone figuring out the numerous possible causes. This website is still going strong after 12 years and 50,000 questions because we are nowhere near providing all of the answers to shop problems. Troubleshooting is not easy.

^