304 and 18/10 are the same?

(-----) January 7, 2008

304 and 18/10 are the same? I'm a stainless steel cookware user yet I'd like to know more about it when in our country introduses cookware a very expensive design and makes me confused when I asked what is surgical stainless steel whom answered me 18/10 is a surgical stainless steel but really puzzled me when I purchased 125 thousand pesos 5 pieces cookware 5 lid which is T304 and explained that is surgical stainless steel. kindly answer me please so I have time to decide either I'll take it or return the set.

God bless and thanks so much

Elizabeth Monforte
buyer - Quezon City, Philippines
^

T304 is what is usually used for cookware, and should give good service. "Surgical" doesn't refer to anything specific and could be one of many alloys. If you like the cookware, keep it.

Jeffrey Holmes, CEF
Spartanburg, South Carolina
^