Any good books on electroforming?

(-----) 2007

Hello all! I am wondering if anyone could suggest a good book/books that have information on electroforming specifically. I have been doing electroforming for about a year for my company and know enough to get jobs done (mostly by the good grace of finding this website.) I've used it many times to trouble shoot and to pose questions once in a while. now I'd like to begin learning the trade on a deeper level. to be able to one day be one of the people answering questions on here not just posing them. I've been looking in the list of 'must have' metal finishing books but am not sure where to begin. would any of them be better for someone seeking electroforming knowledge? one with, say, a better chapter here or there, or even mentioned at all? I am at a point where id like really study in depth.
and once again thank you in advance. and also once again, great site! it's worth its weight in gold for someone like me.
-Johnny.

Johnny Keen
metal shop employee - Monroe, New York
^

Ed. note: But how much does the site weigh, Johnny? Seriously, thank you for the kind words!

2007

It is a little out of date, but google "Charlie Faust". He was probably the pre-eminent authority on electropolish in his day and had a number of good publications.
If you are using a proprietary solution, that company will be able to provide a wealth of information, particularly on alloys and what works and what does not for each.

^

simultaneous 2007

Try to find old book by Peter Spiro (Electroforming).Hope it helps and good luck!

- Zagreb ,Croatia
^

2007

Hello Johnny!

Don't forget Ron Parkinson's nice booklets available at the Nickel Institute. They're Publication (or maybe catalog) numbers 10084 and 10088, downloadable from www.nickelinstitute.org.

lee gearhart
Lee Gearhart
metallurgist - E. Aurora, New York
^

"Electroplating and Electroforming for Artists and Craftsmen"
by Jay H. Newman

Affiliate Link
(your purchases make finishing.com possible)

2007

thumbs up signHey, thanks everybody! this is definitely a good start. I'm going to see how many books I can get my company to buy.so now its back to work or amazon, at any rate, to try to find them all! thanks again!
and happy new year to all!

Johnny Keen
metal shop employee - Monroe, New York
^