Bending silverplated flatware

(-----) 2007

I am a spoon ring artist and I am trying to find a good way to bend the tines of a silverplated fork to curl around. I have tried heating and cooling, but it distorts the metal. I am trying to find a tool or machine that will bed the tines without heat. Any suggestions?

Shari Levy
hobbyist - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
^

2007

Google McMaster-Carr and look under bar stock bender. There is a small kit that works very well. I have one and have used it on numerous shapes and sizes. Costs around $200. If that is a bit high, search their site for other benders. They have a bunch if you search long enough.

^