Patinas no more! Electroplating for stained glass

(-----) 2007

Hello Neighbor,
My name is Jeff W. I also reside in the "Garden State" Long Branch, NJ. that is.
I am a glass artist and Union glaizer. My question pertains to electroplating on zinc, lead and soder for stained glass. Patinas or natural oxidation is normaly used on these surfaces, but lately I have been seeing glass work coming from Mexico, Florida and California that has electroplating (Chrome, Gun metal copper etc.) done on the metals I have mentioned. I am very interested in how I can learn and do metal plating myself, the state guidlines, regulations and safety issues and the equipment needed to get started.

Thank you for any Info,

Jeffrey Walmsley
Glass Artist - Long Branch, NJ
^

2007

"Electroplating and Electroforming for Artists and Craftsmen" [affil. link to book on Amazon] by Lee Scott Newman is very good book on that subject (try Amazon or Abe books). Hope it helps and good luck!

^