LIFESPAN FOR ZINC PLATING

(-----) 2007

I am a Quality Assurance staff of a company who manufactures metal parts.
I've seen that my company is so capable of fabricating in terms of metal stamping but the only problem that we have is the blistering problems on our plated parts.

How long does a zinc plate usually last?

Hope you'll help me with this...

Jason Rondina
QA Staff - Carmona.Cavite, Philippines
^

2007

How long the plating should last is a function of the environment, but zinc plating is not appropriate for direct outdoor exposure, Jason. When the plating does fail, it is by corroding away; peeling is a manufacturing defect, not a failure mechanism of proper plating. If the plating blisters it is usually because the parts weren't clean before plating. Good luck.

^