Removing the powdercoat from GMC truck wheels

(-----) 2007

I have a 2001 GMC truck and the aluminum wheels have powdercoat coming off. Can I remove the powdercoat with out removing the tires? HELP

Bill Van
Truck owner - Danvers, Massachusetts
^

2007

It sounds like all you need to do is wait a while and the paint will come off for you! :-) I'm sure that the paint is beginning to flake in some areas, put a wire wheel on an electric hand grinder, thats what I do. Don't use a drill because you won't get enough rpm to do the job. Make sure and wear goggles [affil. link to info/product on Amazon] or face shield [affil. link to info/product on Amazon] because the little wires like to shoot off and stick to everything. You won't have to remove the tires this way.

Sheldon Taylor
Sheldon Taylor
supply chain electronics
Wake Forest, North Carolina

^