Brass Canopy Bed, or Pile of Scrap?

(-----) 2007

I am trying to tell if a, (what appears to be brass), brass canopy bed is all brass. I did the magnet, it won't stick, & it does have a unique smell when rubbed on the inside of the pipe. It is very shiny on the outside & kind of dirty copper looking on the inside. I can't find any markings. I inherited this from my mom several years ago. Any help will be appreciated.

Dorothy Hurt
Caregiver - Bakersfield, California, USA
^

2007

If it's not magnetic, Dorothy, it's not plated steel.

If it's not light and chintzy, it's not aluminum; and if it was aluminum, it shouldn't be coppery looking on the inside.

It would be nice to know how long your mom had it and where she got it, but I'd say it's most likely solid brass -- and that means it's not a pile of junk but something very worth saving. Good luck with it!

^