Seeking greenest finish for plumbing fixtures

(-----) 2007

I am building a green home (to the extent that I can afford it) and question which plumbing fixture finish (chrome, nickel or stainless) for faucets, drains, etc. is greener in its production and deterioration.

Mary Jane Schmidt
- New Bern, North Carolina
^

2007

I feel it's impossible for a consumer to determine what went into the finish. But solid brass faucets will last essentially forever. Diecast or plastic faucets won't last long. So, for a greener planet, I would be more concerned that the fixtures are made of solid brass than with the finish that is on them. Good luck and the planet thanks you :-)

^