Home /
T.O.C.
FAQs
 
Good
Books
Ref.
Libr.
Advertise
Here
Help
Wanted
Current
Q&A's
Search 🔍
the Site

pub
Free personalized metal finishing help!


Yellow interior of microwave after fire



(-----) 2007

I had a fire in my microwave due to my negligence. Smoke billowed out and when it finally stopped I opened the door and the interior walls of the microwave had turned yellow. Is there now a danger when using it. I was unable to clean the surface with soap and water.
Thanks you

Leslie S [last name deleted for privacy by Editor]
homemaker - Highland Park, Illinois, USA
^


June 19, 2008

Hi, Leslie. I wouldn't use it. Microwaves are not heirlooms that are irreplaceable, and they're not even terribly expensive when prorated over several years of life. Microwave ovens must seal effectively to prevent danger to you and it is very hard for anyone to assure you that the fire was not bad enough to compromise the fit or a gasket.

Regards,

Ted Mooney, finishing.com
Ted Mooney, P.E.
Striving to live Aloha
finishing.com - Pine Beach, New Jersey
^

none
finishing.com is made possible by ...
this text gets replaced with bannerText
spacer gets replaced with bannerImages

Q, A, or Comment on THIS thread -or- Start a NEW Thread

Disclaimer: It's not possible to fully diagnose a finishing problem or the hazards of an operation via these pages. All information presented is for general reference and does not represent a professional opinion nor the policy of an author's employer. The internet is largely anonymous & unvetted; some names may be fictitious and some recommendations might be harmful.

If you are seeking a product or service related to metal finishing, please check these Directories:

 
Jobshops
Capital
Equipment
Chemicals &
Consumables
Consult'g, Train'g
& Software


About/Contact    -    Privacy Policy    -    ©1995-2022 finishing.com, Pine Beach, New Jersey, USA