Powder peel off in aluminium extrusions and crca sheet

(-----) 2007

Hello I am from a furniture industry where asthetic appearance is most important in this field. We will be powder coating Aluminium extrusions after Chromatising and CRCA Sheet after Iron Phosphating. But we are receving complaints from customer about powder peel off. Please let me know what may be probable causes and how to prevent this.

Vutukuri Rao
Sr.Executive -QA - CHENNA,I INDIA
^

2007

I am at a loss what you are requesting. I think the confusion is that you are using the future tense "We are going to PC" - then talk in the present tense "We are getting complaints from customers". Are you currently in production and having adhesion problems or are you informing us what you are being told by a possible customer who gets his work coated by a competitor?
Once we sort out that information we may be able to advise you.
Terry

Terry Hickling
Birmingham, United Kingdom
^

2007

Dear

I am listing all the possible causes for peeling off kindly check all parameters.

1. See that the job is properly DEGREASED, do water break test to assure degreasing.

2. See the DERUSTING is perfect. the job should be free from all Corossions,

3. The CRC sheet is Properly ZINC PHOSPHATED, draw lines with your nails to check the coating is proper, Hold the component for 2 days and check for any internal corossion.

4. check if your job coater is using the right powder

5. Check if the Oven temperature is 220 degrees, he may debate for 180 degrees but it is the object temperature not his oven temperature, cure the component for 10 minutes after attaining the required temperature.

5. allow the component to cool before removing from the trolley.

6. For aluminium, do proper degreasing & Chromotizing(YELLOW). Ensure that the job coater has this facility.

I am sure practising this process you shall avoid all the problems in powdercoating.

SHANKAR O KHANDELWAL
- COIMBATORE, Tamilnadu, India
^