-----

Need re-chroming of valve covers of show car

2000

I have original chrome valve covers since 1967. Have accumulated burnt on radiator fluid stains which can not be cleaned by the layman. Which procedure would best suit me in order to regain the high chrome polished look for my show car. Planning on re-chroming, but don't know where or cost. It's not allowed in South Carolina any longer. Please Help.

Skip Barrus
- Hanahan SC USA

2000

I don't think I believe that there is a general ban on chrome plating in South Carolina, Skip. I'd lean more towards believing that some particular small shop did not want to (or could not afford to) invest in the necessary pollution control equipment and exaggerated the situation.

Nevertheless, most plating shops have to serve industry rather than onesy-twosy customers in order to survive, so maybe it is possible that you won't find a shop that does show parts in SC.