-----

Re-anodizing

2000

im looking to get my aluminum auto grille re-anodized to a darker gold color. I also have a gold sample that I would like for it to match up with. do you know of any place that can do this service at a decent price. I'm looking to have this done by march 25th for a car show. if anyone have any if I would be grateful. Thank you.

charles lovett
- Stafford, Virginia

2000

Unless it is going to be garaged most of the time, a plain anodize-dye-seal will not keep the same color when exposed to UV from the sun or florescent lights.

Architectural grade is a two step anodizing and is far less common, costs more and most places do not want a 1 piece color match job.

A good color match is going to cost quite a bit from your standpoint, but not from the anodizer's because of the amount of time a good color match will take. If He misses, it is a strip and rerun. Most anodizers want to run a tank full of parts, not just one. I also doubt if you know the alloy of the grill. A good anodizer needs that for a good color match.