-----

Recovery of silver from strip solutions.

2000

My company strips silver form steel and bronze material. For steel material we use a reverse sodium cyanide 8 oz./gal. The deposit on the cathode is fluffy and falls back into the solution when I remove the cathode to scrape and recover the silver. I am looking for a grain refiner to improve the deposit. I need something reasonably economical since I have a 450 gal. solution.

The second part of the question. We use a 19:1 H2SO4 and HNO3 to strip the bronze material. I would like to precipitate or recover the silver and prolong the life of the solution.

Dana Schlumpberger
- Newhall, California, USA