-----

Brass Plating Hinges

2000

I am restoring a 1942 trumpet case that has solid brass hardware on everything except the strange hinges. They are a unique "stop-hinge" (1.12" X 1.66") that I have been unable to locate anywhere. The second best option for me would be to brass-plate the hinges. I am wondering if the plating will fill in the pin area and make the hinges unusable. I also would like to know of a company that takes such small orders and does excellent work. This is a very special trumpet and restoring the case to original condition is important to me. Can anyone help with this info? David

David Mehoves
- St. Cloud, MN, USA

2000

Hinges are routinely plated after assembly and I would not anticipate a problem with the plating 'welding' the hinge so that it doesn't function.