Known technology to reclaim Zinc from Zinc Ferrous Sulphate Heptahydrate

(2000)

We are a Hot Dip Galvanizing facility located in Guelph, Ontario, Canada.

We are a closed loop facility and such must deal with all process materials.

A bi-product from our pickling acid regeneration equipment is a Zinc ferrous sulphate heptahydrate crystal.

My question is can someone tell me if there is technology available out there to reclaim/remove the Zinc from the bi-product (zinc ferrous sulphate heptahydrate).

Jim Hodgson
- Guelph, Ontario, Canada

(2002)

I'll check with my Indian operation, reg zinc ferrous sulphate, and come back to you. In the meanwhile please let know the quantity generated at your plant.

Thanks and best Regards,

Vijay.K.Dogra
- Toronto, Canada