-----

Parkerising Problems

2000

I own a colt M1911 A1 U.S.army pistol .The gun has a PARKERISED (greenish)finish. Due to extended use and age the finish has started to fade and discolour also there are a lot of scratches on the guns surface.I live in India and in our country we do not have professional gunsmithing services so therefore it is not possible to refurbish my gun and also parkerising is unheard of in india.What I need is to know if there is some product available that can be purchased over the net or internationally to refurbish my gun and if so the name of a dealer. I am looking for something like a parkerised refurbishing kit ,similar to a blueing kit but for parkerising and if not so what is the best option.

zaheer khan
eipr India - bombay/INDIA

2003

I would like to have a technical write up on PARKERISING as applied to metal finishing for the purposes of corrosion inhibition

S.Venkatachalam
Premier Hollowares Pvt. Ltd. - Mumbai, Maharashtra, India

2004

I just took a couple of weapons to be re-parkerised. I also have some other older weapons that are parkerized, they to have some scratches. I asked the gunsmith if there was something that I could use to help cover the imperfections. He told me that if the scratches are small or are not deep cuts. A cold blue will return a close finish to the parkerise. He also told me that if the scratches or cuts were wide the cold blue will bring the scratches out more. Good luck! I hope you find something to help!

Jeff Smith
- Columbia, South Carolina

2004

Not sure if this is any help but, if you google search for parkerizing with a Z instead of an S you will find that listings for Parkerizing kits will appear, Good luck

Phillip Clark
- Christchurch, NZ