-----

Nickel etchants

2000

I want to etch nickel. Could anyone give me some good recipes for appropriate etchants. Someone told me that the major problem is that the resist will be dissolved when using nitric- and hydrochloric acid. How can I overcome this problem?

greetings Goran

Goran Frennesson
- Lund,Sweden

2000

Dear Goran

If you want to etch nickel try a solution of FeCl3 at a density of 38-42° BË( same as used in copper etching for PCB's) eventually with a addition of hydrochloric acid, for further information on etching and photoresist there is a book: The principals and practice of photochemical machining and photoetching by D.M. Allen (published by Adam Hilger Bristol and Boston)

Regards Marcus

Marcus Hahn
- Sachseln, Switzerland