-----

Grades of Metal Finishing

2000

Trying to learn a little more about metal surface finishing. Could someone please tell me what the various grades of polishing are? I've heard of polishing to a 2B finish, something about RA values and mirror finishes but I'm not sure what finish is smoother than another or to what extent. Please list the grades from roughest to smoothest. Thanks!

Janine Beneker
- Madison, WI

2006

I am trying to find the finish grades of metal are in order to specify the amount of polish for the design of the equipment we are going to build. Example, finish for stainless steel. Grade 2A, 4B, etc.

Ray W. Haarness
- Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA

I am looking for pictures of metal finishes on stainless steel. Can anyone help in this search?

Randy R. Castle
- Dupo, Illinois USA