-----

Installation of Chem Film operation

2000

I'm the President of a Job Shop and have decided to install a chem-film operation. Any good sources of info out there?

Ron Kuntz
- Lafayette, Indiana USA

2000

What do you want to know?

We chemical film/chromate/Iridite/Alodine work on a daily basis and I might be able to help you out with some of your questions. Feel free to let the questions fly.

If you want suppliers of the chemicals, basically my suggestion is pick one. They all basically have the same product, there isn't much difference in any I have seen, you can choose liquid or powder form (we use powder, many prefer liquids). Other than that without really any questions to answer I could write you a whole manual on the process but it'd be rather irrelevant in my opinion.

Matthew Stiltner
plating company - Toledo, Ohio

2006

I want to know where to find regulations on handling the waste generated in chem film and anodizing.
Can a college grad handle the chemical balances or does it require a real chemist?
I see chem film being a series of tanks but is it difficult to anodize by comparison?
Are there vendors out there who help you get started?

Eric Lorenzen
- ABQ, New Mexico, USA