-----

Powdercoat Chemical Analysis

2000

I am trying to find the chemical breakdown of epoxy powdercoat. I have a customer with environmental concerns. Can you provide a breakdown by percentage-weight and the specific gravity? If not perhaps you could tell me where to look.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Larry A. Cuautla
- Ontario, California

2000

Larry, With out analytical testing, only the manufacturer of the coating can tell you exactly what is in it, but some times the don't want to because of proprietary information. Everything that you are SUPPOSED to need for environmental issues, should be in the MSDS, available from the manufacturer of the coating.

Kelly L Draper
- West Plains, Missouri

2000

Thank you for your response, Kelly. I do have the MSDS but there is nothing in the way of chemical content. Thanks again.

Larry A. Cuautla [returning]
- Ontario, California

2000

I do think only the manufacturer itself has the full information on chemical composition. MSDS may give all the information concerning Health & Safety, but by no means complete concerning Environment.

Kwok-wai Chook
- Hong Kong, China

I'm doing a study about the environmental effects of powder coating. Can someone mail me the MSDS of a powder coat?

Leen Theunis
- Itegem, Belgium