-----

HELP....to build home-brew chrome shop

2000

Hello Mr or Ms peers,

I am interested in learning more about chrome plating at home. I would like to be able to plate small parts from a motorcycle in a small container using household sources like bateries, power supplies or rectifiers. Will need electrodes, chemical bath solution and instruction.

Thanks for your help.

P. r. k.
artco telecom - g'ville, fl us

2000

Dear P.R.K.,

Without training and proper safety equipment electroplating can be very dangerous. Also, the wastes you will generate are hazardous, which require special and expensive disposal at regulated hazardous waste landfills. You would be much better off going to a local plater to have your parts plated.

Jerry Smith
- Bloomingdale NJ USA

2000

I am interested in learning how to chrome and perhaps start a bussines out of it with a friend. Do you know the best websites that will be able to help me with what I need to learn or where I can learn it?

Daryl Carpenter
- Langley , B.C. , Canada

2000

You are already at 'the home page of the finishing industry'. The best place to start is with our FAQs which include an FAQ about "Chrome Plating", an FAQ about "How to Get Started in Plating", and many others.