-----

Safe finishes for baby furniture

2000

Hi!

My husband has been making the furniture for our nursery (baby due 1/27/00!) and is at the point where he is going to be finishing it - staining and lacquering/polyurethaning. We are looking for information as to what would be safe/unsafe products to use - particularly on the crib. Any help would be most welcome! Thanks!

Dennis Tudman
Wingdale, New York

2006

I would like the answer to the question--what is a safe finish to put on baby furniture. Is Tung Oil [affil link] safe or a fast drying polyurethane?

Michele Tripp
- Chatham, Illinois, USA

2007

Through much determination my mother, bless her, saved my old baby furniture. I accepted the dresser and the crib and I am in the process of stripping and refinishing these pieces. By the way, my baby coming 10/4/07.
I have the same question as the original post (4216). What is a safe way to finish this baby furniture? Thank you. I look forward to your answer.

Andre Hernandez
- Rosemead, California, USA