What is the best acid mix to use on aluminum such as 7075 and 2024

(-----) 2006

I BUILDING A AIRPLANE AT HOME AND LOOKING FOR DATA TO MAKE MY PROJECT A LITTLE EASIER. I'M A ENGINEER BUT CHEM MILLING IS NOT MY BAG. IF THERE IS A BOOK SO AS TO LEARN AS I GO I AM PERFECTLY WILLING TO DO THAT. MAYBE SOME ONE CAN POINT THE WAY, IS ARP 1331 THE COURSE TO GO. WOULD LIKE TO HEAR FROM SOMEONE WHO IS IN THE KNOW.

TONY BIANCO
OAS AEROSPACE LLC - DEMING, NEW MEXICO
^

2006

If you want to mill the aluminum, then use warm NaOh solution followed by rinsing and then an acid dip and rinsing again.

Terry Tomt
- Auburn, Washington
^