Increase the aluminum content in sulfuiric acid anodising bath

(-----) 2006

I have a 3000L sulfuric anodising bath.
I would like to increase the aluminum content in the bath using aluminum sulfate.
Anybody knows is there any adverse effect on quality later on by using this chemical to top the aluminum content?

TQ.

Siong
SCM - MALAYSIA
^

2006

Why would you want to do that? The biggest quality issue I could see down the line is that you would have introduced a whole bunch of dissolved aluminum to your tank that you will later have to filter out, or decant, or start anew.

The only possible cause I can think of is that you are starting a new tank and want some dissolved aluminum at the outset, but the easiest way to do that would be just to run a couple of dummy loads.

Jim Gorsich
Accurate Anodizing Inc.
Compton, California, USA
accurate anodizing banner
^