Copper Restoration Assist Requested

(-----) 2006

I too purchased a copper ketter (storage chest) at an estate sale. I have uncovered a beautiful copper in spots where the copper clean could be effective. However, most of the kettle is black and doesn't respond to the copper cleaner (twinkle).
Can it be a coat of black paint? I would love to get some ideas on how I can restore this piece!

Carol Plank
Hobbyist - Pittsford, New York
^

2006

Try 5% ammonium citrate solution(5o gm citric acid/1 lit water/+some ammonia,pH must be 9).Citric acid alone can be used too,but first solution is better.Can be used cold or hot(faster). Rinse well. Hope it helps and good luck!

^

Q. I have a Chafing Dish that is Copper with brass as the removable frame. It is okay, but it was a gift from my dad many years ago and I am wondering what kind of place would have it looking like new again (brass parts too).

I also have the antiqued brass drawer pulls from my mother's sewing machine that I would like to have restored. They are not a common size so I think it would be best just to have them refinished. Where to go? And can you tell me how price is determined? Method or ballpark is okay. I realize you can't be exact without seeing them in person.

Bonnie Swain
- Fresno, California, USA
^