Field finish for bright aluminum boat

(-----) 2006

I am beginning a total restoration of a 67ft aluminum hull houseboat. Until recently houseboat hulls and railings had no clear finish or anodized finishes applied. Most restoration companies will only acid wash the aluminum leaving it a dull greyish color. The reason for this is the work involved to bring the aluminum back to its original finish is not worth it because it only returns to a dull grey finish in a short period of time. I would like to put that effort into this boat but I would like to field apply a clear finish that will maintain the polished aluminum surface for many years and stand up to the abuse a boat encounters. I will be most grateful for information since my research has been fruitless. Thank you for your help. TimTi

Tim Kinney
Consumer - Flagstaff, Arizona, USA
^

2006

Try Everbrite [a finishing.com supporting advertiser] coating. Hope it helps and good luck!

^