Anti-fingerprint coatings Q&A

(-----)

An ongoing discussion from 2005 through 2015 . . .

2005

Q. Do you know an anti finger print treatment for metals for alimentary use? Thanks in advance for the help.

Yolanda B [last name deleted for privacy by Editor]
- Castellón. Spain
^

2005

Could you expound upon your situation, Yolanda? I understand the dictionary definition of alimentary, but I can't believe that something that has been touched by a finger would be allowed to enter the body whether a fingerprint was visible or not.

But maybe fingerprints get onto the component during the manufacturing process, and persist after sterilization? Please explain your situation if you would. Thanks.

^

2005

RFQ: I am interested in suppliers who can provide anti-finger print coating on stainless steel. Thank you in advance.

Vijay [last name deleted for privacy by Editor]
- Midland, Michigan
^

^- Sorry, this RFQ is outdated
     View Current RFQs

2005

RFQ: Our company is looking for an kind of anti-fingerprint coating that applies on stainless steel, PC, and PMMA Please let me know if you can offer.

Heng Jiang
electronics mfgr., - Shenzhen , GuangDong, China
^

^- Sorry, this RFQ is outdated
     View Current RFQs

2006

RFQ: We are looking for anti-fingerprint coating materials which can be applied on automotive sheets.
Please advise us.
We would appreciate it if you could reply to our question.

Victoria L [last name deleted for privacy by Editor]
Consulting - Munich, Germany
^

^- Sorry, this RFQ is outdated
     View Current RFQs

2006

RFQ: Requesting anti-fingerprint coating chemicals to apply to steel. Hope I can contact the suppliers who could provide anti-fingerprint coating chemicals. Thanks for your help!

Nickel Leu
-Tao-Yuan Hsien, China
^

^- Sorry, this RFQ is outdated
     View Current RFQs

2007

Q. How to define anti-fingerprint measures?
Is there any standard, classification or level?
Such as no mark will appear after touching the surface, or the mark will disappear a few second later, etc.

Loi Cheng
- Zhuhai, China
^

2007

RFQ: I am in charge of coil coating in South Korea. We are searching for suppliers for anti-fingerprint coating products that are applied onto the surface of galvanized steel sheets. If you have these products, please feel free to contact me.

Jin Hwan Choi
industrial lubricants - Pohang, Gyeongsangbuk-do, South Korea
^

^- Sorry, this RFQ is outdated
     View Current RFQs

2007

I am looking for the proper coating to apply to copper heat sinks to keep a bright polished finish and not oxidize or show fingerprints easily. I have been told that passivating is the right choice, but I believe that passivating will only put a protective layer of the blue-green oxidation and not be a bright copper finish. I am thinking along the lines of some sort of clear chromate, but I am not sure. Any information would be helpful. Also, whatever coating is applied can't adversely affect the cooling performance of the heat sink.

Thanks for your help.

Brandon Noska
designer - Austin, Texas
^

2007

A. Hi, Brandon. Unfortunately, the word "passivating" has so many meanings that it ends up not meaning much. In some contexts passivating and chromating are the same thing. There is probably no treatment that will fully meet your objectives, but chromating probably comes close. Note that traditional chromate treatment is not RoHS/ELV compliant, so you might have to investigate trivalent chromating. Good luck.

^

RFQ: I have been looking for anti-fingerprint material for years. Our products are small and the poundage minimum to get the acrylic coating is crazy. I would love to find a stocking distributor of this material. Does anyone know of one?

Dave Dezse
Manufacturer - Lewis Center, Ohio USA
^