Antireflective coating for metal to reduce green laser reflectance

(-----) 2006

I am looking for a paint that would allow me to coat a small metal disc used in a green laser system that would reduce the reflectance of the laser off the disc.

Nathan paterson
physicist - Glasgow, Scotland, UK
^

2006

I doubt that paint is the answer, Nathan, but suspect that a special electroless nickel coating may be. Such coatings have a sponge-like surface morphology that captures general light to make them appear black. And I would expect that they can do the same with laser light. Please contact an electroless nickel expert. If they are unable to help you I can go back fifteen or twenty years to tell you about the original paper on the subject.

^