AMSQQC320 Type I vs Type II

(-----) 2006

Please describe the difference between AMSQQC320 Type I vs Type II. The application is for the piston rod of a hydraulic actuator.

Debra Sexton-Mohn
cargo conversions - Simi Valley, California, USA
^

2007

As you posted the question over a half year ago, I hope/expect that you've found an answer from another venue.

AMSQQC320 [affil. link to spec at Techstreet] can be called out with two modifiers. Class and Type. Class 1 is decorative and/or corrosion protective. It has a thickness of .00001". Class 2 is an engineering plating and needs to have thickness and hardness called out. Type I is bright finish and Type II is satin.

John Kulas
- Fort Worth, Texas, U.S. of A.
^