Why does a 14k stamped gold wedding band look like copper

(-----) 2006

I inherited my fathers wedding band. On the inside it is stamped 14k and the initials RB The ring was a dull gold look in color for a while. After a while I noticed the gold turn into a copper color. I tried cleaning the ring with no change. What can I do to get the gold color back.

Dustin Campbell
ring inquiry - Dwight, Illinois
^

2006

If cleaning the ring yourself hasn't done the trick I would have it polished by a jeweler. A stubborn oxide layer has probably formed. Jewelers have the proper buffing wheels to do the job correctly. If you plan to wear the ring avoid any exposure to chlorine. Good luck!

process engineer - Malone, New York
^