Removing .0001" of material by plasma etch?

(-----) 2006

I have a core pin to a mold that has two smaller id "rings" on it. It seems that I would like to remove material on the OD of these rings by about .0001" - .0002". Not effecting the rest of the part.

I thought about a Plasma Etch, don't know if this would remove enough.

Thanks for the Help.

Bill Thompson
Life Scicence - Hopkinton, Massachusetts
^

2006

Hi Bill,
In the printed circuit board business we would send out our polyamide material for plasma etch. The etch depth would range from .0001" - .0002". You did not mention the type of material that you would like plasma etched, so I don't know if I could help any further. I'm sure there are shops in your area that are specialists in plasma etching that could give you etch depths for a given material. Good Luck!

process engineer - Malone, New York
^