Dull spot in bright silver plate

(-----) 2006

I do bright silver plating on highly polished articles. I am getting a haze or dull area in my med to high current density areas. I duplicate the effect in a hull cell and it appears at about 1/3 of the way from the left of the panel. To the right and left of the haze it is bright. Can anyone shed some light onto what may be causing this? thanks

Gregory Benson
plating shop - Taunton, Massachusetts
^

2006

Mr Benson

Your query is incomplete you have not mentioned type of bath chemistry you are using . Better if you write bath analysis , what I doubt is low metal content in the bath and if metal content and free cyanide is o.k you have to concentrate on organic additives you using if any.

Qutub Saify
- Ajman, U.A.E.
^