I need formula to produce gold plating bath from gold and cyanide

(-----) 2006

Dear Sirs:

I need to know how I can prepare a gold potassium cyanide solution from gold 999.9 and aqua regia; then from gold chloride and potassium cyanide, obtain a gold potassium cyanide solution to be used in electroplating bath. I need the recipe in order to make this solution.

Would you help me please?

Thank you in advance.

Daniel H. Martins
Plating Shop - Buenos Aires, Argentina
^

First of two simultaneous responses -- 2006

It is not worth the problems to make it yourself. Sell the gold (scraps) and buy the salts or solution from a reputable vendor. It comes with tech support that way.

^

Second of two simultaneous responses -- 2006

Hi Daniel,
If you have 999.9 purity gold, why not have it converted to PGC salts by a precious metal supplier? Normally there would be just a conversion and manufacturing charge, because you are supplying the gold. There are poisonous gasses that you will generate trying to do it yourself and can be very dangerous.
If you are still insistent on trying this, letter 4477 and response dated 1/31/03 will give you an idea what is involved.

process engineer - Malone, New York
^