Design for aqua regia acid laboratory fume hood

(-----) 2006

Hi , greetings! , I'm working here in China and we decided to build a small laboratory in our factory for our own small refinery of gold scrap.

The process we're going to use is more on aqua regia process. Could, please someone, lend his very expert idea on the design of our laboratory fume hood with its accessories.

Looking forward for your very informative details of information.

Thanks in advance.

Joseph Padilla caranto
Jewelry Co. - Zhuhai City, China
^

2006

Re your hood, ah, I don't think that I'd recommend any stainless ... maybe fibreglass BUT I'd be very, very careful as frp is attacked quite easily by some of the assay acids as it is not a homogenous material like PVC.

Having designed and built a fair number of assay hoods for an amalgam of acids, (the nearest to you would be in Papua and New Guinea) my preference is towards a dual laminate such as PVC:frp which can take ALL the assay chemicals including my favourite, Perchloric.

Freeman Newton [dec]
(It is our sad duty to advise that Freeman passed away

^

2006

Design of such equipment will certainly have some absolute mandatory physical and chemical characteristics, but for most of it, will depend on your local environmental and worker safety regulations, which people in other countries can only imagine.

^

2006

Thanks for the informative information on my query and re assured could help and start our mini laboratory.

More Power

Joseph Padilla Caranto
- Zhuhai City, China
^