-----

Ultrasonic degreasing Evaluation

1999

I am working on the evaluation on the performance of a ultrasonic degreasing solvent, but I don't get much data to support my findings. Is there any test on how much oil and small particle remain on the copper surface after ultrasonic degreasing that prior the plating process?

Thanks in advance.
Ken

ken wah

1999

Ken, no matter what preclean process is utilized there should be no contaminants of any kind for proper adhesion of the following plating processes.

The best way I have found is to take a clean white paper towel and wipe across the cleaned part. If you see any grey or smut on the towel the part is not clean. Remember the part will oxidize if it dries before the plating step and will have to be recleaned.

Hope this helps.

Bill Hemp
tech svc. w/ chemical supplier - Grand Rapids, Michigan