Home

SEARCH🔍
no_pop_no_spam2

World's top finishing resource since 1989
Chime right in - No login req'd

How do you remove oil based primer drops off of concrete?

2006

I need to know how to remove oil based primer drops off of concrete?

Briana Whitten
researcher - Eatonville, Washington

I would like to ask if anyone knows how to remove oil based primer from concrete pavers. My 18 year old grandson figured he was too good to take the necessary precautions. At this point, I assume the only way is to put down all new pavers to replace the ones with paint on them?

Anna DeGrange
- Mercersburg, Pennsylvania U.S.A.

Hi, Anna. Turpentine or mineral spirits [affil. link to info/product on Amazon] is the traditional remover for oil-based paint, so that would be worth a try. Of course, if the pavers are bare porous concrete you probably won't be able to get all the paint off, and if they are tinted and sealed, the turpentine may damage the seal coat, but it's worth a try.