-- The Home Page of the Finishing Industry
A website for Serious Education, promoting Aloha,
& the most FUN smiley you can have in metal finishing.
    no popups, no spam
on this site
current topics
topic 4096

Need rust converter compatible with urethanes, enamels, and lacquers


I am looking for a source of a Rust Converter [linked by editor to product info at Amazon] / encapsulator for steel and cast iron. I would like a brush or spray on product that can then be top coated with urethanes, enamels and lacquers. Any info is greatly appreciated. Thank you. Mark

mark robidoux
malvern, Pennsylvania


Hi, Mark. You can indeed buy rust converter in spray cans or brush-on by following the link.

Still, it sounds like you are really looking for an iron phosphatizing pretreatment process. There are a number of suppliers of such pretreatment chemistry listed in our directory of Chemicals & Equipment.

Ted Mooney, Teds signature
Ted Mooney, P.E.
Pine Beach, New Jersey

This public forum has 60,000 threads. If you have a question in mind which seems off topic to this thread, you might prefer to Search the Site

ADD a Comment to THIS thread START a NEW threadView CURRENT TOPICS

Disclaimer: It's not possible to diagnose a finishing problem or the hazards of an operation via these pages. All information presented is for general reference and does not represent a professional opinion nor the policy of an author's employer. The internet is largely anonymous & unvetted; some names may be fictitious and some recommendations may be deliberately harmful.

  If you need a product/service, please check these Directories:

JobshopsCapital Equip. & Install'nChemicals & Consumables Consult'g, Train'g, SoftwareEnvironmental ComplianceTesting Svcs. & Devices

©1995-2018, Inc., Pine Beach, NJ   -   About   -  Privacy Policy
How Google uses data when you visit this site.