-----

Chrome Protection Products for Chromed-out Harley

Cycle Corrosion Protectant

Affil. Link
Your purchases make finishing.com possible

1999

Q. I'm storing a brand new Harley with lots of chrome, in my garage for the winter. On certain days when it gets warm, condensation sometimes gets on a bike, even though I have a cotton cover on it. I heard of a product called S100 Corrosion Protectant.

which is marketed by Harley Davidson. I used to spray WD-40 [affil link] on the chrome on my old bike and that worked, but it was always a mess in the springtime to clean off. Has anyone had any experience or have any opinions on the S-100 product?

John Boron
- Buffalo New York

1999

A. I'd probably wax it if it were mine, but I'd also put one of those cans of dessicant under the cover.

1999

Q. Where can I get a can of this dessicant [affil link] that you mentioned? I take it that it will remove moisture from the air under the cover, do you have any product names I can ask for. Thanks for your advice.

John Boron
- Depew, New York

1999

A. Hi, John. It's the same stuff that comes with consumer electronics gear in those little 'sugar pouches' that say "Do Not Eat", except that you buy it in a larger package. We linked your question to info about it on Amazon. Good luck.

2001

A. In response to John Boron, I found a website called "carbag.com". They have that desiccant you're looking for.

Brian Hessling
- Wayne Michigan

2003

Try Zoopseal.

Jean Reidell
- Auburn New York

----
Ed. note: According to a plausible posting on www.svtperformance.com, ZoopSeal no longer exists, and its inventor replaced it with ShineSeal [affil link].

DampRid

Affil. Link

Dri-Z Air

Affil. Link

I live on the northern Oregon coast. we get 88% humidity @ 35 deg.for weeks during winter. My bike's chrome and tanks condensate badly and want to grow rust. So I use three 60-watt lamps in steel coffee cans under the scooter and a product called Damprid .
and some other calcium chloride product called Dri Air.
under the bike. It works. Tinker

Tinker Logan
- Astoria, Oregon