-----

"GILLESPIE ANTIQUE RESTORER"

Current question:

Q. Looking desperately for Gillespie antique restorer.

Ross Kelley
restorer - Ticonderoga, New York
^

Closely related Q&A's, oldest first:

2006

Q. HELLO, I AM LOOKING FOR A PRODUCT, WHICH I HAVE A LITTLE OF, CALLED "ANTIQUE RESTORER" BY GILLESPIE PRODUCTS. IT IS FOR WOOD CLEANING AND RESTORATION, AND I CANNOT FIND IT IN STORES AND HAVE BEEN UNSUCCESSFUL IN MY WEB SEARCHES. OR PERHAPS YOU MIGHT SUGGEST A SUITABLE REPLACEMENT. THANKS FOR YOU HELP IN ADVANCE! DOUG

DOUG CURTIS
ANTIQUE NUT - TAYLORSVILLE, Kentucky, USA
^

similarly2 2006

Q. Just wondering if you have had any luck in locating this product? I am having the same problem!

Shannon Mitchell
- Stockton, California, USA
^

2006

Q. I am having the same problem. Any luck locating Gillespie's Antique Restorer?

JoDee DeCleene
- De Pere, Wisconsin USA
^

2006

Q. I also have had no luck....I saved the box. My mother is very interested in finding the product. It was produced by M.W. Barr Company, Memphis, Tennessee, which was a private company which was sold to its employees in 1996. It now produces Kleanstrip products. I do not see any current listings by this company for an antique restorer. We are attempting to contact the company.

Darlene Perkins
- Oneida, New York
^

2006

Q. I am trying to locate the Gillespie Antique Restorer for my dad & am having no luck.

Peggy Dunson Bower
- Enid, Oklahoma, US
^

2006

A. I found a website that has different Gillespie Products listed. They have a product from Gillespie that is called Restor-A-Finish. I am not sure if this is the one that I used before called "antique restore" or not. I have an email sent to the company questioning this. If you want to check it out go to: www.candhsupplyco.com/catalog/indexpage90.htm

Good Luck to everyone I have been looking at least 2 years for the same product and just got lucky today.

Nancy Brunk
- York, Pennsylvania
^

----
Ed. note 2017: That domain name was sold and now directs to a site written in Chinese and which seems to have nothing to do with this subject :-(

2007

A. I went to the W.M. Barr Co. web site and see that they still offer Gillespie Products. I sent them an e-mail to find out if Antique Restorer is still being made.

"Do you still make Gillespie Antique Restorer? If so where can I buy it? The product number is AI-230. Thank You"

"Thank you for your email. Unfortunately, this product is no longer manufactured and we do not have a replacement.
Theresa Crick"

Brian McCarty
- Richfield, Ohio, USA
^

2007

Q. I am also trying to find an item by "Gillespie Since 1824" -
It is called 'Wood Renew - Scratch Cover'. The product number is RD-75 and also marked 1996 W.M. Barr & Co. Inc., Memphis, Tennessee 38101-1879.
Has anyone heard of it or seen it?

Marlene Borgra
- Plainfield, Illinois, USA
^

Q. Where can I buy Gillespie antique restorer?

Mary Beau
- Green Bay, Wisconsin
^

Q. I HAVE BEEN USING GILLESPIE ANTIQUE RESTORER, PRODUCT AI-230, MADE BY WM BARR WHICH I BOUGHT MANY YEARS AGO AT WAL MART AND NOW CANNOT FIND ANYMORE. IT HAS A SMELL OF LINSEED OIL AND LIKE A PHOENIX RESTORED MY HONEY OAK FINISHED KITCHEN CABINETS AND NEVER-ENDING STAIRWELLS THAT SUFFERED FROM SIGNIFICANT SUN BLEACHING, THE CHANGE IN THE APPEARANCE OF THE WOOD FINISH WAS NOTHING SHORT OF MIRACULOUS WHEN I USED IT LAST WEEK. CAN ANYONE GIVE ME THE NAME OF A SIMILAR OR BETTER PRODUCT AS I AM BASICALLY CLUELESS. THANKS.

ALLAN AVBEL
- WALLA WALLA, Washington USA
^

thumbs up sign Hello fans of this product! WOW! I was online trying to find info on it and what the retail price is! None listed on Ebay, then found this thread. So, I have an unused bottle 16 oz I bought at a thrift shop. BN in box: "Gillespie Antique restorer. AI-230". Just curious though, what did this retail for? (wondering if I got good deal or not). Thanks you.

Angela P [last name deleted for privacy by Editor]
- Lexington, South Carolina USA
^

A. Years ago when I was trying to find this product again myself I was able to locate it through Sherwin-Williams paint store but I had to buy a case at a time, it was a little over $100.

Maria Alonzo
- St Louis, Missouri
^

A. My brother purchased Gillespie Wood Cleaner and lemon oil wood treatment at a Sherwin Williams in La Grange Ky. I live in Northern Ky and SW didn't carry it and never heard of it. Tried Amazon and Ebay, no luck. If my sister in law is lucky enough to purchase it, will let you know.

Mona Smith
- Alexandria, Kentucky
^

thumbs up sign  Thanks Mona. The people of the World will just have to make plans to drive to the Sherwin-Williams in LaGrange Kentucky for their Gillespie :-)
At least it will be easier than buying MX-7 Water Spot Remover which, according to thread 21739, is available on the bottom shelf in the automotive section of Don Quixote, behind the Ben Franklin, off of Kam Highway, Oahu, Hawaii :-)

^