Bright dipping of brass
Hi, First of all I want to give thanks for visiting this letter. I am facing some problems in Brass Bright Dipping like ....
* My products are SAND CAST not of sheet & dies.
1. What basic surface & finish requires before acid dip
2. Suitable SOLUTION of acids for dipping
3. When I mixed up few acids they evaporates as gas & during dipping also. Then how can maintain a fix original concentration?
4. After dipping except water rinse , any other rinse is required?
5. After dipping any more more process require before lacquering?
ALSO WANTS TO KNOW ABOUT RUST TREATMENT OF IRON. PLEASE.. Please help me by your precious suggestions. Any other for brass finishes ,even unrelated to bright dipping, is heartily welcome. Thanks in advanceAsheesh [last name deleted for privacy by Editor]
Your questions are simple requiring answers which may fill textbooks!
I do bright dipping of Carbon brush holders which are like the parts you describe. use any of the innumerable solutions available in the market or try the Canning Handbook recipes. Daulat in Bombay has good products also.
Re. rust treatment of Iron, please be more specific.
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
This public forum has 60,000 threads. If you have a question in mind which seems off topic to this thread, you might prefer to Search the Site