Nickel coating on plastic surfaces

(1999)

Dear Sirs,

I own a car accessories shop and I get customers who ask me to coat parts of their cars with a metal-like finishing.

I live in U.A.E. (in the Persian Gulf) and it's not feasible for me to ship things to USA so I want to do it myself. Can you provide the material I may need? If you don't then can you suggest someone who can?

Waleed Saleh
Abu Dhabi, UAE

(1999)

Suppliers like Atotech have international representation and can certainly supply you with all the needed processes. You might consult our directory of Chemicals for other vendors and see if they can supply you in the U.A.E.

Nickel plating on plastic is a rather involved process. If you can find a library or a friend who has "Standards & Guidelines for Electroplated Plastic", it will give you great insight into what is involved. But it's a very hard to find book. Good luck.