-----

"Silica removal in demineralized water"

2005

I have problem with my demineralized water, where the silica content in my effluent is still too high, either after regeneration or in normal run. Can you suggest some troubleshooting for improving silica removal in my bed resin. For data, we use Strong acid in my cation exchanger ( H - form ) and strong base in my anion exchanger ( OH - form )

Ananta Krisnabudi
- Pasuruan, Indonesia
^

2005

Hello Ananta,

It's some years ago, I have meeted this problem (for a sealing bath after anodising. I have resolved the problem by addition of a 3th strong anionic column.
My plant is now : strong cationic, first strong anionic and second strong anionic.
The conductivity is measured at the exit of the first strong anionic resin; the starting of the regeneration of the 3 colums is given by the conductivity.
It runs very well and the final demi water is free of silica traces.

Try it

Best Regards,

Paul Moreau
Paul Moreau
aluminum reflectors for lighting - Liège, Belgium
^